Monday, January 01, 2007

A Blessed New Year

New Year’s Eve -- I’ve had my first flip on the 2007 Bible Diary my friend Judith had given me last Christmas. I was quite eager then to know the very first message in store for the New Year. And behold, was I that inspired by the passage: “This is how you shall bless… The Lord bless you and keep you!” (Numbers 6:23-24)

While the common greetings we usually exchange at the strike of 12 midnight were “Happy New Year! Have a prosperous New Year! Mabungahong bag-ong tuig!”, the day’s passage tells us how God would have us greet each other. “The Lord bless you and keep you!”

The best way to greet one another this New Year is to invoke God’s blessing upon one another. Instead of simply “wishing” for one to have a prosperous new year, invoke God’s blessing upon that person. We petition the Lord to bestow His complete blessings on each one. In this manner, we can be sure that God’s grace will rest on us for the rest of the year.

Have a blessed New Year, everyone!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home