Sunday, September 10, 2006

A Weekend At My Little Home

It was one rainy Saturday afternoon… I’ve got nothing else to do at my pad aside from curling up in my bed after having my “lucky me beef noodles” break hehe! Some kind of a lazy afternoon, I should say. I’ve already spent the whole morning doing my weekend routine (general cleaning sa balay ug operation kuskos-piga sa isa ka bukid nga labada), and so I had zero workload the whole afternoon, wahooo! It’s siesta time! Tsada jud kaayo matulog kung gaulan.

After an hour of sound sleep, I found myself munching some food (again!?) at my little dining table hahaha! Seems like I never got tired of filling my already filled stomach! It’s no longer a surprise then (labina adtong nakaila jud nako) ‘coz eating is indeed one of my greatest passion hahaha! So if there’s one thing in my pad that I can’t live without, it’s no other than my buddy ref (with those stocked foods in there.. yumm, yumm!).


While people usually go to the malls on a weekend to watch movie, I had myself indulged on a movie marathon at my room. Home body ang drama ng lola nyo, hehe! Yep, I had rented CDs a few days ahead, and within that whole afternoon, I had watched 3 movies in a row – comedy, drama and suspense! Mas sulit kaysa motan-aw pa ug sine sa malls, ahihihihi! Tukar napud akong pagka kuripot! But I tell you, nothing really beats watching movie at home.

Reading books and playing my favorite music… ah, this is one of my favorite weekend pastimes. Got a number of inspirational books in my shelf, most of them I’ve already read more than once. My friends and colleagues even took turns in borrowing those books ‘coz they really fill and inspire one’s soul. And my music? Well, it even turned my day into a more enlivening one. As the song goes “listen to the rhythm of the falling rain”, nah.. sakto jud kaayo kay non-stop ang ulan gikan udto paingon gabii, hehe! I could have played Cueshe’s hit song then, “lagi nalang umuulan… parang walang katapusan…” Just too bad I didn’t have the drums accompaniment ‘coz I only have the guitar, tsk.. tsk!

A few minutes after my music escapade, I had to put down those instruments and prepare for my dinner. Yeah, “operatation luto”! Hehehe! I’m not a good cook though… but doing the kitchen work was one of the things I grew so fond of when I started living on my own several years ago. My place had become my friends’ favorite food trip venue then ‘coz they always liked home cooked goodies hehehe! I remember what Fe stated in her testimonial for me at friendster – "nga pag ako ang host, dli jud mo magutman!” Well, I can assure you that! Careful lang tong uban friends who were a bit complaining about my “extra large” food serving, as they indulged themselves on a strict diet, hahaha!

Can’t go to sleep right away with my stomach full. Hmmn… good thing my feet brought me to my computer table hehehe! I opened my PC and started scribbling down with the keyboard. Ahh.. I guess it’s blog time! Hahaha! So, right there and then, I came up with this wacky idea of posting the typical weekend scenario at my flat. I could have given a different title for this posting then, hehe! Would “Sa Bahay Ni Ate” be appropriate? Parang female counterpart ng “Bahay Ni Kuya” (Big Brother House), hahaha! It seemed so odd, so I just ended up with a heading “A Weekend At My Little Home”.

Now, you have taken a sneak peek at my place. I call it my sanctuary then, simply because it’s a place where I can be alone with myself and do anything at my own pace without anybody’s restrictions; a place where I just can be me; a place where I can put to rest all my burdens at the end of the day and be relieved at once; a place I can call my second home! Thanks for dropping by, dear readers! ‘Till my next blog post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home