Friday, July 13, 2007

Confined And Discharged

The first time I was ever confined to a hospital was when I was 4 years old, having been treated for german measles which was a very common disease among children. I don’t have that much recollection on how it feels to be confined in a hospital, not until I had myself “confined” in the vicinity of CUMC the entire first week of this month. Well, it wasn’t me who got hospitalized, but my dad who has to undergo a major surgical operation and has to be confined for a week. I considered myself confined too ‘coz I was staying in the hospital the entire week (with my mom and my sis taking turns on taking care of my dad). It was then that I got the most of my “ER life” and I was a bit ill at ease about it at first, knowing that I haven’t had myself confined in a hospital since I was 4, and it was the first time (for over 20 years) that a member of our family has to be confined that long.

It took me about a couple of days before I could finally adjust the way things are in my “temporary” home. My constant going in and out of the hospital premise to do some urgent errands amidst the changing climate (marked by the infuriating heat of the sun from morning 'till noon and the outpour of the rain from late afternoon 'till night) plus the annoying traffic along the highway had caused me terrible headache… and… uh-oh! I was losing some weight… aaarrgggh! I’ve been wanting to gain weight all my life but I’m getting the opposite result, hehe! Well, so much for my not-so-stressful hours the whole week through, I had savored every minute of it all serving my dad during his confinement, and just seeing him recovering fast after his operation made me so much relieved, all those tired feelings I had seemed gone! Add to that our cousins, friends and my dad’s colleagues who graced their presence during visiting hours, CUMC Room 325 seemed like a family rendezvous hehehe! To those who supported us through constant prayers, our heartfelt gratitude for such a thoughtful act. And above all these, I thank the Lord for the bountiful blessings He has bestowed on us and for keeping our family safe from harm. Praise God!

5 Comments:

At 5:25 AM, August 02, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thing that I wasn't even confined even once in a hospital..lucky me i Guess

 
At 8:56 AM, August 02, 2007, Blogger Yvonne said...

yeh, you're indeed lucky! we should always be thankful for we are blessed with good health all these years.

 
At 8:09 PM, September 13, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for your blog boning! it's so nice and i bow for your write- ups huh...very well said, organized and very very clear. no need for me to grab a dictionary. well, how's mr. f now? hope he can still rembember me and my face. heheh!!!! extend my regards to your family. this is my first time to post a message in a blog. i can't hold my hands to press any key coz i'm concerned with your family especially mr. f and mrs. e.

 
At 8:19 PM, September 13, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for your blog boning! wow, nice write-ups...-well said, organized and very very clear. no need for me to grab a dictionary.
how's mr. f. now? hope he's doin' fine. i couldn't hold my fingers to press any key coz i'm concerned with your family. extend my regards to mr. f., and mrs. e.

 
At 8:55 AM, September 18, 2007, Blogger Yvonne said...

halo te she! my father's doing well now. thanks for dropping a line, i really apreciate it. sure! kaila pa kaau to sila nimo oi, hehe! dili jud ka nila malimtan. i'll extend your warm regards to them. ayo2x pud diha te she. do keep in touch always. miss u!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home